|"That's so mean!"|
|— Yip about the Earth-Dog in The Empty City, page 3|
| Species |
|Family|| Father: Unnamed Sheltie |
Mother: Unnamed Retriever
Brothers: Lucky, Yowl, Snip
| Status|| Unknown|
|Living||The Empty City|
Yip is a female Sheltie-Retriever pup.
- Before Mother-Dog begins telling her story, Yap’s littermates, including Yip, are a jumble of warmth against him. Mother-Dog stands over her pups and nuzzles each one in order, licking their faces clean, and treading her circle before curling around them to sleep. When Mother-Dog offers to tell them the story of the Storm of Dogs, Yip and her littermates, excluding Squeak, passionately agree. Mother-Dog starts the story, and when she reaches the part where Earth-Dog laid a trap for Lightning, Yip protests that that is very mean. Her mother nuzzles her and tells Yip that it isn’t, as Earth-Dog was right to claim Lightning. She adds that when their Sire-Dog died, his body fed the earth too, and when she says this, the pups are suddenly solemn, and listen in silence. As Mother-Dog reaches the part where Earth-Dog sends a Big Growl, Yap huddles close to his littermates, and at the end of the story, the pups snuggle more tightly against their Mother-Dog’s side and gaze up at her. Mother-Dog tells her little ones to watch out for the Storm of Dogs.
- Yip does not formally appear in A Hidden Enemy. However, she is most likely with her littermates and Mother-Dog when a wolf howl is heard.
- Yip does not formally appear in Darkness Falls. However, she is most likely with her littermates and Mother-Dog when there is a storm outside and Mother-Dog reassures them that there is nothing to be afraid of.
- Yip does not formally appear in The Broken Path. However, she is most likely mentioned after Yap alerts the longpaws of the fire. Yap and Mother-Dog walk back to the shed, where it is mentioned that they sleep with Yap's other littermates.
- Coming Soon
- Gillian is unsure on whether or not we will see more or Lucky's siblings in the future.
- Gillian says that Yowl, Snip, and Yip did not die an early death, and would be included among the category of 'siblings' mentioned in the prologues of the first series. However, she said that they would have been given to other longpaw owners at some point, so that Bella and Lucky wouldn't know what happened to them.
- Gillian says that although she is unsure if we will see Yowl, Snip, and Yip again, they would have been given their new names and lost their puppy names.
= Gender Unknown
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Revealed in The Empty City, page 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in The Empty City, page 3
- ↑ Revealed on Gillian's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on 
- ↑ Revealed on 
- ↑ Revealed in Darkness Falls, page 123
- ↑ Revealed in The Empty City, page 6
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in The Empty City, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in A Hidden Enemy, page 2
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.